The Quick Way to Deactivate (but not delete!) Your Account
- Log in to facebook
- Go to Account (upper right corner of the page)
- Click Deactivate on the bottom of the Settings screen.
- Arrive at an “Are you sure” page, professing your friends will miss you. Do you really want to belong to something this desperate?
- Choose from the list of reasons, give a more detailed reason if you wish. There is a paragraph there about addressing privacy concerns if that is what you give for the reason. They know people are concerned, and concerned for good reason.
- Opt out of future e-mails by selecting the box.
- Click Deactivate My Account
- Type in the words of the captcha. This is to make sure you are not some mass Facebook profile deleting robot.
- Finally, click Deactivate.
You’re done. But you can still come grovelling back if you can’t live without it. 😉